Fitness Instructor Job Vacancy
Job Title: Fitness Instructor
Role: Part Time
Job Location: Newpark Sports Centre, Newtownpark Avenue, Blackrock, Co Dublin.
Reports to: Sports Centre Manager
The key function of the role of the Fitness Instructor is to be confident, skilled, and flexible in assisting in the day-to-day running of our Fitness Centre. To enrich each customer experience by providing effective exercise programs and fitness classes as required. To maintain the Fitness Centre in a clean and tidy manner for all users. The successful applicant must be available to work evenings from Monday to Friday on each rostered week.
- Ensure best practice and delivery is followed when teaching all group fitness classes
- Ensure customer service is to the highest standard when interacting with the customer
- Maintain the Fitness Centre / Sports Hall or Theatre in a safe and clean manner for conducting classes.
- Additional duties as allocated by the Sports Centre Manager.
Health & Safety
- The Sports Centre Management has adopted a Health and Safety Statement to ensure the health, safety, and welfare of all employees.
- Every employee must ensure that his/her conduct conforms to the standards set out in this Statement.
- Provide accurate and detailed safety information to customers as requested by any member of Management.
- Ensure that all equipment is in working order and safe for use prior to each session.
- Report any safeguarding concerns immediately to the Child Protection Officer.
- Adhere and implement all Newpark Sports Centre policies & procedures
- Always demonstrate excellent customer care
- Dealing with customers in a friendly, polite, and professional manner.
- Adhere to the culture and values of Newpark Sports Centre.
- Attend training courses as required.
- Continuously improve instructor knowledge and skills to remain up to date on best practice.
- NCEF, NTC or internationally recognized fitness instructor qualification.
- Personal Training qualification (desirable but not essential)
- Safeguarding, Garda vetted, manual handling
- Ideally candidates will be registered with REPs Ireland, but it is not a necessity
The above contains the main outline of duties. However, it’s inevitable that tasks may arise which may not fall within the remit of the above list of main duties. Employees are required to respond with a flexible approach when ad hoc tasks arise which are not specifically covered in the above description.
To apply please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org marked for the attention of Nicola Ring (General Manager).
Closing Date for Applications are 31st Oct 2022.